Monday, October 15, 2007

Why Misquote Bush?


There has been a picture circulating around the Internet. I first noticed it on Reddit and wrote it off as another crazy Bush quote that demanded no more attention from me. Then I noticed it on a few a couple blogs and other sites and the more I thought about it, the less the quotes made sense. What was the likelihood that a translation of a Hitler quote would turn out to be exactly the same as something Bush said?

Anyways, I could not find anything related to this quote from Bush, except from Prison Planet, which was quoting Hitler, and relating it to Bush. But the point I'm trying to make, is why misquote Bush at all. There are so many amusing and damning quotes all over the web, that there should be no reason to ever have to make something up like this. I mean, Bush has said some pretty creepy thing regarding Homeland Security throughout his presidency. (Does anyone else get a chill down their spine when they hear the word homeland used as a term for America?)

If anyone does find a citation for this "quote" from Bush, please let me know.

No comments: